Insuring Your Car, Your Truck, or Your Motorcycle with a Frisco Based Firm
Our extensive involvement in the community and with the local Chamber of Commerce indicates how much we care about all our citizens. Most of us are dependent on cars as a way of life, yet it's a fact that accidents happen. We're here to help protect you and your loved ones should you ever be involved in an accident. Here's a look at auto insurance needs:
- Liability: All drivers must carry liability insurance to cover bodily injuries that result from an at-fault accident. Liability also covers property damage to other vehicles or to structures, such as fences or walls. Minimum coverage requirements are generally too low to meet all relevant expenses, and we encourage drivers to choose adequate limits.
- Uninsured/Under-insured Motorist: This coverage helps when someone who causes an accident either doesn't have insurance or has too little to cover your expenses. Even though you're not at fault, your insurance pays for costs that the other driver's limits don't allow. Again, we encourage adequate coverage.
- Collision: While there is a deductible amount due before coverage begins, this element pays specifically for car repairs needed after an accident. When a vehicle is totaled, collision insurance usually covers the actual cash value. This amount decreases with the vehicle's age, but newer cars may qualify for actual replacement costs.
- Comprehensive: When damage occurs due to vandalism, break-ins, broken windshields or acts of nature, including storm damage or falling trees, comprehensive coverage can help. It pertains specifically to events other than collisions, and deductibles apply here as well.
- Medical Payments: This coverage helps pay for medical expenses from injuries received during an accident no matter who is at fault.
- Towing and Emergency Service: Adding this type of insurance is beneficial if your car breaks down or there is another need, including a flat tire, a dead battery or keys locked inside the car.
- Car Rental: If you need a vehicle while yours is in the shop being repaired, this added element helps with the cost of renting a car.
Discounts are often available to drivers who are good students, have accident-free records, carry multiple policies and more. Check with one of our agents today to discover how you can save.